Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm a bear, erin's a blogger, and the dude, well the dude abides...


Firstly, I realize that I basically forgot about this blog business for about a week. Seems to be the trend. I'd like to blame the busy Christmas season. Gotta be someone or something elses fault.  Luckily a good friend erin started a blog and thus reminded me that I had one, by telling me about it. Again I blame my (nearly) 30 year old memory for that one. 

So a pretty cool thing came to my attention this last week, and I thought I'd share it.  The North Island Wildlife Recovery Association, here in Parksville (Well Errington) has bestowed upon me a great honour by naming a bear they rescued after me.   Fortunately though my work I get the opportunity to fund-raise and donate to this great cause.  The tireless staff there work to rehabilitate injured wildlife, ie: hit by cars, shot, abandoned. Those that can be release back into the wild, they work to do so, otherwise they give a home there at the shelter.
Here is their website for more info...P.S. if you haven't been there, you should go, It's a must see around here.
http://www.niwra.org/
And without further ado Eric the Bear:



Robin Campbell the manager at N.I.W.R.A. says the bear has my eyes, but I think the main resemblance is the matching chest hair.

Other new things in my small world include me being done Christmas shopping and wrapping and now its just on to the eating and drinking. Hurrah!

That is it for now, tomorrow...5 cool websites.

-Eric out-

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your bear name-twin. Thats awesome! An honour that most people would never even imagine.

    ReplyDelete